Monday, May 4, 2009

What's on your Mother's Day Wish List?

Invariably, when you ask a group of mothers what is on their Mother's Day wish list, you will get a different answer from each. For some, it's their favorite perfume because they'd never splurge to buy it for themselves. For others, it's yummy-smelling bath products and a few minutes to use them in a bubbly bathtub. And I am sure that we can ALL empathize with the mother who JUST wants some peace and quiet. Maybe for dad or grandma to take the kids to a movie and the park for the afternoon while she curls up with a book she's been meaning to read for like a year.

What is on YOUR Mother's Day wish list?

4 comments:

JerryTSpringer said...

I'd love some time to myself at home! My husband is a wonderful, active dad but he likes to stay in. They went to the Yankee game (rain out!) yesterday and it was bliss to be in a quiet apartment reading the paper and not waiting for anyone to wake up from a nap!

Shane said...

All I want is peace and quiet. I'd like my husband to take my kids out for breakfast and let me sit in bed watching Lifetime or some chick flick and just veg out. That's what I want. I know, I'm a cheap date.

Unknown said...

I want to see the ocean. This year i hope to make it happen

Sarah said...

ABC came out with a story stating that all we really want is time with our families. Our Mama Renew blog has a slightly different interpretation of their findings: http://www.mamarenew.ca/blog/2009/05/really/