Saturday, April 18, 2009

Finally! The manual that we wish our kids came with!


We know that babies don't come to US with a manual, but wouldn't it be great for your childcare provider, babysitter, grandma and grandpa or nanny to have one? Karmel Publishing and co-authors Melissa Bishop and Karen Berg have made that possible with By The Book: How To Take Care of MY Kids, available as an e-book or by request as a hardbound copy.

By the Book is a refillable (or reprintable if you purchase the e-book) guide to caring for your child in your absence. There are special sections for letting the caregiver know about allergies, medication schedule, feeding schedule/preferences, school and extracurricular activities, what works and what doesn't if they have a meltdown, pet care, what they love and don't love so much, first aid tips, emergency plans, contact information for healthcare providers, child identification information and ready-to-use nanny or mother's helper applications and agreements and forms to create babysitter interviews and profiles.

This book certainly covers all of the bases as far as things that you want someone who is caring for your child to know. If you've ever been in the middle of a date night with the hubby and wished you'd told the babysitter that little Vanessa has a peanut allergy and is scared of the fan, this book is for you! If your child is ever in the care of an adult besides you, this book is for you!

Karmel Publishing is offering 25% off of a hardbound copy to all Things Moms Like readers and one lucky reader will get a FREE E-Book!!

To get 25% off of your very own hardbound copy of of By The Book: How To Take Care of MY Kids, enter code BTBK7757 (case sensitive) at checkout.

Several ways to win!
To get your FREE E-BOOK copy,

1. Comment below and tell us how YOU will use this book, and be sure that you link to your blog or put your email in your comment so that you can be contacted if you win.

2. You get an extra entry if you "Follow Me" on Twitter and post a tweet about the contest.

3. Additional entry if you join my FACEBOOK GROUP

4. Another extra entry if you Grab My Button and put it in the sidebar on your website.

5. And yet ANOTHER entry if you link to me on your blog (please post a link to this).

Be sure to create individual comments for each of the above that you've done.

Winner will be chosen on May 1st.

6 comments:

Jo said...

It might sound morbid but I would fill the book out for my husband just in case my time comes before the kids turn 18. I told you it was morbid. LMAO.

Seriously though, that man needs a list to keep up if I'm not around!!! HA. ;)

jocoiner at gmail dot com

Things Moms Like said...

Oh good idea, Jo!

Unknown said...

definately for my babysitter. My husband is a freak about people watching her we still haven't got a babysitter for her yet and she is almost two. sad I know! but maybe he would feel more comfortable with this book. amsbolda@hotmail.com

Kat said...

I would use this for my babysitter and my daughter's grandparents. They watch her a lot, but things change...I want them to have the most updated info.

Ally M said...

I would use this for our babysitter and also for my sister who "claims" she knows my kids backwards, forwards and inside out but actually she doesn't. lol

espressogurl at hotmail dot com

Mara Maroney said...

I am planning on offering this book as a gift to my best friend. She is currently pregnant with a baby boy and thanks God every day for him. Sadly, all her family lives overseas and are not able to offer the daily support and encouragement she needs during this time.
I would love to be able to give her a bit of help when caring for her baby. Nobody gives better advice on mothering than a mother.

prettyhairclippies@yahoo.com