This is Day One of ThingsMomsLike's Giveaway a Day for Mother's Day countdown!
Maureen LoBue of the Mean Mom's Club has written a funny, realistic book about motherhood called "Mean Mom's Club: The Mom's Rule Book". I didn't know what to expect when I cracked this book, but I have to say that I like what I see. I like that the seven rules cover common parenting ideas and myths that you realize aren't as cut and dried as you had imagined once you become a real, live mother.
I like how she talks about the mommy guilt that we often feel at those moments where we just want them to stop talking and leave us alone (oh, you still have just babies? you'll see). She uses her experience as a Special Education Teacher, Child Life Specialist and Family Services Specialist and MOST IMPORTANTLY, AS A MOTHER to present real-life scenarios and common sense advice and solutions to the average mother.
What I found most useful in this book is that she advocates for following your heart, using common sense, your instincts and operating from the idea and the reality that YOU know your child better than ANYONE else does and every mother's style is very different.
My favorite tips (and it was hard to narrow it down):
- It’s my job… to teach respect even when that doesn’t make me very popular
- Pick your battles… If you go to battle over everything, you will die of exhaustion
and the point of the book (in my eyes)...
- I’M GOING TO BE THE PERFECT MOM… YEAH RIGHT
For your initial entry, visit the Mean Mom's Club to find out more about Maureen and come back and comment on how YOU are the Meanest Mom Ever. Funny stories welcome!
2. You get an extra entry if you "Follow Me" on Twitter
3. Additional entry if you TWEET about this giveaway. Post a link to the Tweet here. You can Tweet this contest for an entry ONCE A DAY for more chances!
4. Additional entry if you join my FACEBOOK GROUP
5. Additional entry if you subscribe to my blog (on the right)
6. Additional entry if you "Follow Me" on Google (on the right)
7. Another extra entry if you "Grab My Button" in the right sidebar and put it on your website.
8. If you're a blogger, yet ANOTHER entry if you BLOG this Giveaway and post a link to the post here.
**Be sure to create individual comments for each of the above that you've done or you won't get the extra entries.**
Giveaway ends on MOTHER'S DAY